Pages

Saturday, December 13, 2008

I LIKE CHILDREN (?)


(OOT)Woops... wait, wait... Don't judge me that I being a pedophilia. I'm still normal, at least until you read this.

(BTT)Actually I really like children, but I didn't have time to prove it until I had KKN (KKN=Kuliah Kerja Nyata in Indonesia, I don't know what is in English, may be Community Development / Comdev?). I had KKN that held by psychology department of UGM. They took a theme "Early Children Education" or Pendidikan Anak Usia Dini (PAUD). Firstly I think funnily like this, is there relationship between civil engineering and children? Woaaa, I used to calculate the exact mathematic formulation, but now I must face children, that can't be guessed... I used to calculate thickness of pavement and now would face children. I thought I would paint them with asphalt, hahaha ;#...

It's not easy in the first time. I had KKN in Pundong, a village that's located not far from my house. Actually I was lucky that I could get a KKN near my house ^^. Children in there were not as same as children in my past. One of task in KKN was being private teacher. It's like study group. I and my KKN friend became teachers for the children. We taught them elementary subjects like mathematics, science, and social. I surprised in the beginning. I thought that all children were as same as I and my friends in my childhood time. They were different. They could not understand lessons well. The most stressful moment is happened when I taught a kindergarten child (I thought he was 5 years old). Damn! I taught him alphabet! Hell ya, alphabet, was I dreaming? -_- '. I never knew how to teach someone how to read. I got confused. Suddenly I remembered...

I wrote on paper like this

BA-BA... and then I asked him to say what I said. He nodded his head and I didn't know why I was happy for a while ( at least he knew what i meant..! Fiuih..). Then I said, "B-A-ba, B-A-ba, ba-ba", slowly, clearly, but not sure. He repeated, "B-A-ba, B-A-ba, ba-ba". I smiled. "Yeah!! I'm a good teacher". Like a scout who just found a talented youngster, I continued to teach him. BUBU, BIBI, he could do them well. I became confident. I didn't know that's my mistake. Slowly I brought him to hell. I leveled his exercise up, just like a coach who didn't know the limit of his young athlete.

I wrote on paper like this

BI-BA... and then I said, "B-I-bi, B-A-ba, bi-ba", slowly, clearly and sure! He said, "B-I-bi, B-A-ba, ba-BA". JEGEEERRR!! Baba? Didn't I said before "BIBA"? I tried to be patient. I repeated what I said before. He said, "B-I-bi, B-A-ba...," (okay, well, I thought), "... bi-bu". I was frozen. NOOOOO!!!!!!!! Biba, biba, could you read it? It's biba! I smiled once more on him and he nodded.
"It's BIBA, yeah?", I said to him.
"okay, BIBA, BIBA", he said.
"Okay, please repeat".
"B-I-bi, B-A-ba...," oh my God please bless him, if he was wrong again, I would paint him with cement...

"BABI!!" he said surely, I painted him with cement, and I went to my pig's (babi) hell nicely.

One thing I can say is teaching is not easy. After that I remembered my teachers in my elementary school. Woaa, i was sure that they were tired when they taught me...

2 comments:

  1. Well, itulah indahnya mengajar, dude. Nanti kalo dia sudah bisa, kepuasannya itu lo... Wah, melebihi 100 kali orgasme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, tapi tetep aja da, ngajar alphabet! ngajar cara baca... zzz... bisa gila...

    ReplyDelete

free counters