Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I'm totally dismissed


Looking at the table now, Indonesia is leading on medals. Yes, I'm talking about the SEA Games 2011. I think all of Indonesian which don't follow the news about SEA Games are totally insane. This is a culture of Indonesia. I saw final match of women's badminton last night, the atmosphere in Senayan was totally crowded. Unfortunately, we lost the final. Gold medal was still out of reach at the moment. To be fair, we're not good enough to be in the final. Only because we're at home we could do it. I didn't saw the first single, but I knew how the first doubles outpowered Thailand in match two. At that point I thought it would be easy for the next players to win. I'm wrong. Thailand are mentally very, very strong. Who did even think that Firdasari would lost? In semifinal she played very well. She's good tactically, and she's smart too. Only her opponent played really well. Thailand are very well organized. They were young, yes. But they totally could do what they have to do. I didn't think anyone except our first doubles deserved win. What I didn't understand is why could Thailand played like they're in home. It's about mentality and bravery. I didn't think our players could do the same thing when they're away. They may be would not through to the final if SEA Games played in Malaysia or anywhere away from home. The most experience doubles, Lilyana and Vita Marissa actually played well, but only to give gold medal to the Thailand. That once more shows us about regeneration. Even they played against much younger players, they could not take advantages. Against younger, played at home, and lost. It's not totally embarrasing but also gave us another point of view. It's not only about past, but about continuity. Nobody denied that Indonesia were very dangerous in the past. Yet we have many famous players. So why we could not get the continuity? That will be the biggest question for a long years. I think one of the door to get the answer is by answering this mark: Can we just play sports and can we not add politics inside of it? It's your call.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I want to scrap your posted picture, because I use the picture to decorate my web community for teachers worked in Indonesia.
    Can I scrap your picture?

    ReplyDelete

free counters